Transitions: Further reading
Loved 'Transitions' and want to find out more? QAGOMA's Research Library, located at GOMA, holds over 50 000 books and exhibition catalogues that can be enjoyed by visitors to the Gallery.
- Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen, Aratjara: Art of the First Australians, DuMont, Köln, 1993.
- Howard Morphy and Margo Smith Boles (eds), Art from the Land: Dialogues with the Kluge Ruhe Collection of Australian Aboriginal Art, The University of Virginia, Charlottesville, 1999.
- Larissa Hjorth, Natalie King and Mami Kataoka (eds), Art in the Asia Pacific: Intimate Publics, Routledge, New York, 2014.
- Helen M Groger-Wurm, Australian Aboriginal Bark Paintings and their Mythological Interpretation: Eastern Arnhem Land, Australian Institute of Aboriginal Studies, Canberra, 1973.
- Judith Ryan, Images of Power: Aboriginal Art of the Kimberley, National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne, 1993.
- Indigenous Australia: Enduring Civilisation, The British Museum Press, London, 2015.
- Larrakitj: Kerry Stokes Collection, Australian Capital Equity, West Perth, WA, 2011.
- Old Masters: Australia's Great Bark Artists, National Museum of Australia, Canberra, 2013.
- Museum Tinguely, Basel, <<rarrk>> John Mawurndjul: Journey through Time in Northern Australia, Crawford House Publishing Australia, Belair, SA, 2005.
- Wally Caruana (ed), Windows on the Dreaming: Aboriginal Paintings in the Australian National Gallery, Australian National Gallery and Ellsyd Press, Chippendale, NSW, 1989.
Feature image: John Mawurndjul / Kunwinjku people / Australia b.1952 / Mardayin and wongkurr (Sacred objects and dilly bags) 1994 / Purchased 1994. Queensland Art Gallery Foundation / Collection: Queensland Art Gallery | Gallery of Modern Art / © John Mawurndjul/Copyright Agency